Vikas R. Senior Vice President, Digital Marketing Industry
I moved to Jacksonville from Atlanta with my wife, two sons and daughter. The first few years were important for us as a family. We spent quite a bit of time together building up our network of friends and plugging into different facets of the community. The move allowed us to connect on a deeper level because of the amount of time we spent together exploring our new community and experiencing different events, neighborhoods and activities. There really is so much to see and do here as a family.
The Unexpected Delights of Jacksonville
Before moving to Jacksonville, I had no idea what a great all-around quality of life that is available here. You don’t run into traffic congestion like we did in Atlanta. The amount of new development, new neighborhoods, new infrastructure and new construction signifies that JAX is headed in the right, forward-thinking direction. The fact that our family has immediate access to every type of outdoor activity, amazing weather year-round and endless entertainment options made it very easy to choose to move to Jacksonville!
Why is JAX a family-friendly city?
1. Great schools with countless opportunities to pursue your passion
2. Safe communities with friendly, likeable residents
3. Numerous activities for kids and parents to become involved with
4. Vast amenities of the beaches, St. Johns River, museums, libraries, state parks and historic neighborhoods
5. Innovative thinkers with can-do attitudes