Nathalie C. Corporate Accounting Director, Professional Services
My hobby is food, specifically eating it! Trying new dishes, checking out the newest local restaurant or food trucks, and experiencing the atmospheres at different places in JAX. There are so many local favorites and new places always opening, I never get tired of trying them!
Top 5 Reasons to Choose JAX
- With many different neighborhoods and cultures, each with its own personality, there is literally something for everyone. No matter who you are, you will fit in here.
- Everyone returns to Jacksonville. Every friend of mine who has moved away to pursue a job or big dream has found their way back to Jacksonville for many reasons – atmosphere, quality of life, people, job opportunities, etc.
- The city is constantly evolving. Who doesn’t want to be in a city that is always changing and innovating for the better?
- Enjoy the great outdoors – the beach, nature trails, the zoo, city and state gardens, historical sites, golfing, running, biking, camping, boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing. I can go on and on.
- The weather. An average 220 days of sunshine makes me feel happy and enjoy life so much more. And, I don’t have to worry about major weather threats like tornados, earthquakes, hurricanes, mudslides or anything else.
The Single Life is Great in JAX
Jacksonville is not just for families. Being single in JAX is just as fun (if not more!). JAX is incredibly diverse with an eclectic mix of nightlife from downtown to the beaches. If I feel like craft beer and cocktails, then I head over to Riverside. When I’m feeling laidback and carefree, off to the Beaches I go. When I’m interested in the rich history of the city, then San Marco is my scene. Whatever mood I’m in I can find other like-minded singles in Jacksonville – for drinks, dinner, dancing, concerts or theater.
My JAX Pick
Those who move to JAX must check out Amelia Island. If you want to get away from the city to relax and unwind, this is the best spot to visit. The island has 13 miles of uncrowded, pristine beaches; more than 70 dining destinations; and a number of activities like golfing, surfing or touring the historic district.