Anna B. Advertising and Services Director, Recruitment Industry
I’m embarrassed to say that until a great job offer came about, Jacksonville was just a stopover on my way to other cities in Florida — what a mistake.
I now happily live and work in the Riverside neighborhood, where I’m surrounded by great food, music, art and the beauty of the St. Johns River. And the people are so courteous here. Even though this is a big city, strangers still greet each other on the street when passing by. On weekends I love strolling through the Riverside Arts Market and grabbing a bite to eat at any one of the amazing restaurants in the area – my favorites include Black Sheep and Burrito Gallery. I’ll never overlook JAX again! I’m proud to call this city my home.
Walking on Sunshine
Jacksonville is a great walkable city. Each neighborhood offers something unique and diverse, from rich history to architectural charm. There’s something for the wanderer in us all.
My Top 5 Strolls:
1. Downtown at Night – Sit back and take in the amazing skyline and lit up bridges.
2. Southbank – Meander down the magnificent River Walk, stop to check out Roux Art’s “Mirrored River” mural, and then stop in front of Friendship Fountain.
3. JAX Beaches – From Atlantic Beach to Neptune to Ponte Vedra Beach, there’s enough sand and waves for everyone to enjoy!
4. Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens – For art lovers and green thumbs alike, relish in the art – spanning from 2100 B.C. through the 21st century – then warm up outside in the garden along the river taking in the reflecting pools, fountains, arbors, flowers and sculptures.
5. An Evening in Five Points – Riverside’s Five Points area is a bohemian neighborhoods with funky coffee shops, outdoor cafes, one-of-a-kind shopping, nightclubs, antique stores and more. Grab a friend and make a night of it!